Moonlit Winter Hike and Bonfire
Description: Join REI Outdoor School for a guided winter hike. Meet us at dusk and get geared up with trekking poles and headlamps. Snowshoes will be provided if weather permits. We will enjoy a great evening hike followed by a warm bon fire ready with s'mores, hot drinks and warm company.
Skills you'll learn:
Experience a local winter trail by moonlight Relax at a casual bonfire Enjoy the company of like minded outdoor enthusiasts
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Moonlit Winter Hike and Bonfire Information
MOONLIT WINTER HIKE AND BONFIRE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Moonlit Winter Hike and Bonfire Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Personal Snacks
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Warm Hat
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Gloves
- Sit Pad
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI:
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Backpacking Stove
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Group First Aid Kit