Sunset Kayak Tour & Social
Description: Break out of your evening routine and join REI for a Sunset Kayak Tour in on one of the great waterways in the Boston area! We will provide all the gear and basic instruction, then head out for a short paddle to enjoy the sunset. This is a great way to get some extra paddling practice and meet new friends. No experience is required, but taking a Learn to Kayak is recommended. Advance registration is required. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult (adult must register for the class in addition to the minor).
Skills you'll learn:
- Find a new place to paddle
- Review of basics kayak skills
- Enjoy an evening of paddling and socializing with like minded folks
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Sunset Kayak Tour & Social Information
SUNSET KAYAK TOUR & SOCIAL
- Class Details
- Gear List
Sunset Kayak Tour & Social Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Change of clothes - A change of clothes to leave in your car and put on after the event.
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Gear provided by REI:
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)