Banks-Vernonia Trail Bike Tour
Description: Join REI Outdoor School for a one-way cycle tour of one of the Pacific Northwest's premier Rails to Trails routes. We will ride the forested corridor of the Banks-Vernonia Trail (paved) from Buxton to the bucolic town of Vernonia. We will ride at a comfortable pace; no rider is left behind. Feel free to bring your own bike or ride one of our Novara mountain bikes (no additional charge). This is a great introduction to group riding. We will use a van shuttle to make this a one-way tour. For riders 15 and older; under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun cycling experience in a beautiful setting Learn group riding techniques Get some exercise
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Banks-Vernonia Trail Bike Tour Information
BANKS-VERNONIA TRAIL BIKE TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Banks-Vernonia Trail Bike Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Mountain Bike Shoes
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Personal Cycling Repair Kit - Personal cycling repair kit may include tubes, patch kit, pump, levers and a tool.
- Energy Snacks
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Camera
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Mountain Bike
- Cycling Helmet