Friday Night Social Paddle
Description: Break out of your usual routine, and join REI for a guided Friday evening social paddle on your choice of kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)! After the paddle, we'll head out with our new friends for a night-time happy hour at a local establishment to enjoy a mix of drinks and appetizers. REI provides all the gear and basic paddle instruction, your choice of tandem (two-person) kayak or stand up paddleboard, as well as appetizers and one adult beverage. This is a great way to get some extra paddling practice and meet new friends. For ages 21+; no experience is required, but taking a Learn to Kayak or Learn to SUP class is recommended.
Skills you'll learn:
Basic paddle stroke and boat/board handling instruction provided before tour.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Friday Night Social Paddle Information
FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL PADDLE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Friday Night Social Paddle Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Personal Camera
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Paddle Jacket
- Touring/Recreational Kayak