Kayak Tour - Puget Sound (Golden Gardens to Skyline)
Description: Join REI for a kayaking tour of the Puget Sound, launching from Golden Gardens Park! This paddle is popular for beginning and intermediate paddlers. Situated along the western coast of Discovery Park and Magnolia, it is one of the most rewarding paddles in the area. On this paddling trip, you'll enjoy majestic views of the Olympics, Mt. Rainier, and the Seattle Skyline. After an orientation and safety briefing, we will explore the shoreline catching views of wildlife and inhaling the salty air. Depending on conditions, we'll paddle between 5 and 9 miles round trip. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills.
Skills you'll learn:
- How to prepare for a kayak tour
- Appropriate clothing for paddling
- Refinement of paddling techique
- Local natural history
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Puget Sound (Golden Gardens to Skyline) Information
KAYAK TOUR - PUGET SOUND (GOLDEN GARDENS TO SKYLINE)
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Puget Sound (Golden Gardens to Skyline) Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Lunch & Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Dry Bag