Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona
Description: Join us for an overnight paddle designed for beginners or those who want to expand their paddling adventures. During this 2-day, 1-night outing, you'll kayak to a gorgeous destination and learn essential overnight touring skills as well. Learn about overnight touring gear, packing your kayak and essential trip planning tips. Conditions encountered will be open water, mild current, large boat traffic, rocky shoreline, coves and sand beaches.
Skills you'll learn:
- To become familiar with kayaks, equipment, and proper clothing for sea kayaking
- To learn to enter and exit a kayak, including the wet exit, wearing a sprayskirt
- To learn packing and overnight preparation
- To learn kayak navigation and route planning
- To provide participants with an awareness of how to become a safe, responsible kayaker
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona Information
OVERNIGHT KAYAKING - LAKE ALLATOONA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Overnight Kayaking - Lake Allatoona Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Energy Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Personal Toiletries
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Paddle Jacket
- Personal Camera
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI:
- Spray Skirt
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Group First Aid Kit
- Backpacking Stove
- Food - Camping food.
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- 3 Season Backpacking Tent - A tent suitable for spring, summer, and fall camping.