Description: Join the REI Outdoor School's professional guides and on a scenic snowshoe tour of some of the areas best winter trails. Enjoy the cool air, quiet, and beauty of a lanscape blanketed in virgin snow. During this course guides will captivate you with information on the surrounding areas history and nature all while we take in the snowy sights of winter at a relaxed pace. Prior snowshoeing experience is recommended (Introduction to Snowshoeing Class or equivalent skills). This is not a skills class and students should be able to snowshoe for 2-3 miles.
Skills you'll learn:
Find local snowshoe trails to enoy
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Snowshoe Tour Information
- Class Details
- Gear List
Snowshoe Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Hat
- Lunch & Snacks
- Warm Gloves
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.