Introduction to Snowshoeing for Seniors
Senior (Over 55) Only
Description: Discover the freedom of snowshoeing! The professional instructors at the REI Outdoor School will teach you appropriate technique, proper use of equipment in a relaxed environment. Snowshoes and trekking poles provided. Learn how to make every trip a success. For those 55 +
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn appropriate technique to ascend, descend and break trail in snow
- Learn local areas to take your family outside in the winter
- Learn how to use and care for snowshoe equipment
- Learn basic skills for winter travel and hiking
- Learn to identify hazards in the winter
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Snowshoeing for Seniors Information
INTRODUCTION TO SNOWSHOEING FOR SENIORS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Snowshoeing for Seniors Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Hat
- Energy Snacks
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Gloves
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Snowshoes
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.