Wildlife & Birding Mountain Bike Expedition
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School for a unique mountain biking expedition. Discover the incredible abundance of plant and animal life on our scenic trails with our professional mountain bike guides and naturalists who will identify the plants, birds, and other wildlife we may encounter during this exciting ride. Prior mountain biking experience is required (Introduction to Mountain Biking Class or equivalent skills). This is not a mountain biking skills class and students should be able to ride approximately 5-10 miles over varying terrain. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn to identify local birds
- Learn proper use of binoculars
- Learn to identify local plants and animals
- Enjoy a fun and senic ride
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Wildlife & Birding Mountain Bike Expedition Information
WILDLIFE & BIRDING MOUNTAIN BIKE EXPEDITION
- Class Details
- Gear List
Wildlife & Birding Mountain Bike Expedition Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Cycling Gloves
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Mountain Bike
- Group First Aid Kit
- Cycling Helmet