Learn to Kayak Class for Women
Description: This class will introduce female students to the basics of paddling a kayak in a mild womens only setting and at a relaxed pace. Students will learn about kayaks, paddles, gear and clothing before learning to launch and being introduced to the basic paddle strokes. This class is a great way for those considering kayaking to try it out!
Skills you'll learn:
- Experience on-the-water instruction in kayaks
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic boat control and kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and draw stroke techniques.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Learn to Kayak Class for Women Information
LEARN TO KAYAK CLASS FOR WOMEN
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Kayak Class for Women Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Paddle Jacket
- Energy Snacks
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)