Kayak Tour - Sweetwater Creek State Park
Description: Come and paddle with us at Sweetwater Creek State Park! On this scenic tour you will experience wetlands, water fowl and serene rolling hills as you paddle on Sweetwater's beautiful lake. You'll be joined by ACA-trained kayak instructors there to make sure you get the most out of your paddling experience. Pre-requisite: Learn to Kayak Class or equivalent skills. Students must be physically able to paddle 4 miles. Touring kayaks will be available for participants at no additional charge.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place. Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection. Learn basic kayak stroke techniques. Test out a touring kayak Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Kayak Tour - Sweetwater Creek State Park Information
KAYAK TOUR - SWEETWATER CREEK STATE PARK
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Sweetwater Creek State Park Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Lunch & Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Dry Bag