Kayak Tour - Half Day Chicago Canyons
Description: Launching from the south side, we will explore the exciting downtown Chicago architecture from the unique perspective only a kayak can provide. Join us as we travel past skyscrapers, outdoor plazas, parks, parts of Chinatown, and enjoy the bustling water front. Lunch is encouraged afterward as we enjoy one of the famous local eateries. This trip is rated at an Advanced Beginner level as there will be boat wake and commercial river traffic. 7 mile paddle.
Skills you'll learn:
kayak safety, basic strokes, natural area exploration
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Half Day Chicago Canyons Information
KAYAK TOUR - HALF DAY CHICAGO CANYONS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Half Day Chicago Canyons Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Spray Skirt
- Touring/Recreational Kayak
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)