Hiking the TriState's Best Places
Description: Come join an REI Outdoor School Instructor on a hike in one of the Tri State's best hiking areas. We'll introduce you to local natural gems, teach you a few tips for making hiking more comfortable and help you hike at your own pace. We will provide every participant with a signature REI flashpack filled with valuable information and a lunch for the hike. See location details for which "Best Hike" we'll be doing.
Skills you'll learn:
- Introduce you to some local natural places with great hiking
- Introduce Leave No Trace Principles
- Gain basic hiking skills
- Meet other local hikers
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking the TriState's Best Places Information
HIKING THE TRISTATE'S BEST PLACES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Hiking the TriState's Best Places Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Insect Repellant
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.