Kayak Tour - Point Loma Peninsula
Description: Come and paddle with us on the beautiful San Diego Bay. On this scenic bay tour you will experience the craggy headlands of Point Loma and Cabrillo National Monument Park, pass by the US Naval submarine base and views of downtown San Diego. You will also have the chance to see dolphins, sea lions, pelicans, and several other marine animals. Pre-requisite: No prior kayaking experience is required, but students must be physically able to paddle 6 miles.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place, Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection, Learn basic kayak stroke techniques, Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Point Loma Peninsula Information
KAYAK TOUR - POINT LOMA PENINSULA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Point Loma Peninsula Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak