Kayak Tour - Coronado Island
Description: Come and enjoy a relaxing day of paddling with us on the beautiful San Diego Bay. On this tour you will pass under the Coronado Bridge, paddle along the shores of Coronado, with views of the San Diego water front and pass by the US Midway aircraft carrier. You will also have the chance to see dolphins, pelicans, and several other marine animals. Pre-requisite: No prior kayaking experience is required, but students must be physically able to paddle 6 miles.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place, Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection, Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward - sweep - reverse and stroke techniques, Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Coronado Island Information
KAYAK TOUR - CORONADO ISLAND
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Coronado Island Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Energy Snacks
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
Gear provided by REI:
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Group First Aid Kit
- Touring/Recreational Kayak