Stand Up Paddle Tour - Palos Verdes
Description: Come Stand Up Paddle one of the most gorgeous stretches of coastline in Southern California. On this scenic ocean tour of Palos Verdes you will experience warm sunny coves, craggy headlands, views of Catalina Island and forests of giant kelp teeming with sea life. You will have the chance to see dolphins, seals, pelicans, bright orange garibaldi and several other marine animals. This is NOT a beginner paddle. You must have attended one of our SUP classes or have previous SUP experience. This trip has a surf launch and paddles in open water. This trip is appropriate for ages 14 and up.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun SUP experience in a beautiful place, Refine basic SUP stroke techniques, Experience a surf launch and paddle in open water
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Stand Up Paddle Tour - Palos Verdes Information
STAND UP PADDLE TOUR - PALOS VERDES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Stand Up Paddle Tour - Palos Verdes Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Paddle Jacket
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)