Artificial Rock Climbing Anchors Class
Description: Learn the basics of building climbing anchor systems with traditional gear. We will review topics covered in Climbing Anchors Concepts such as climbing gear, knots, and equalizing the forces on the anchor. The focus will be on traditional climbing gear use. This is a hands-on program where you will build climbing anchors. At the end of the day you will also learn to rappel from your anchor. All gear will be provided by REI Outdoor School. This outing will focus on construction and assessment of anchors and not on climbing movement.
Skills you'll learn:
- To review knowledge of climbing gear and knots and its proper use in anchoring
- To review how to build a SERENEA anchor
- To learn about and place different types of artificial protection
- To learn to evaluate macro and micro rock quality
- To learn to rappel
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
Artificial Rock Climbing Anchors Class Information
ARTIFICIAL ROCK CLIMBING ANCHORS CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Artificial Rock Climbing Anchors Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Lunch & Snacks
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Climbing Shoes
- Belay Device
- Climbing Harness
- Climbing Helmet