Introduction to Trail Running Class
Description: If you've been pounding pavement and you want to develop your off road skills, explore some excellent local trails, and gain the health benefits of running on soft, uneven ground this outing is for you. This hour long trail run will take you on a local circuit while providing instruction on technique, training, clothing and footwear specific to the sport of trail running. Runs vary in length and difficulty, so check the specific outing for additional details. Recommended for ages 14 and older; under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Provide participants with increased awareness of running on uneven terrain
- Provide guidance on technique, clothing, and other equipment
- Increase knowledge and understanding of trail running opportunities
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Trail Running Class Information
INTRODUCTION TO TRAIL RUNNING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Introduction to Trail Running Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Running Attire - Light self wicking garments
- Running Shoes
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit