San Diego Bay Cycling Tour
Description: Come discover one of San Diego's classic loop rides around the beautiful San Diego bay. On this tour you will get to see the ship building district, Coronado's Silver Stand State Beach and amazing views of the of the downtown skyline. We will start our ride at the San Diego Convention Center and head south around the bay finishing up with relaxing ride back to our start on the Coronado Ferry. We will ride 24 miles at a comfortable pace and have several rest spots along the way; no rider is left behind. This is a great introduction to group riding and is a good next step after taking our Intro to Road Cycling class. Don't have a bike? We'll provide Novara road bikes at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Have a fun cycling experience in a beautiful place. Learn group riding techniques
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
San Diego Bay Cycling Tour Information
SAN DIEGO BAY CYCLING TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
San Diego Bay Cycling Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Energy Snacks
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Personal Bike - Recently tuned and appropriate for class. Also bring spare tubes.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Camera
- Personal Bike Helmet
Gear provided by REI:
- Bike Helmet
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.
- Cycling Helmet
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.