Kayak Tour - Palos Verdes
Description: Come paddle one of the most gorgeous stretches of coastline in Southern California. On this scenic ocean tour of Palos Verdes you will experience warm sunny coves, craggy headlands, views of Catalina Island and forests of giant kelp teeming with sea life. You will have the chance to see dolphins, seals, pelicans, bright orange garibaldi and several other marine animals.We launch tandem sit-on-top kayaks from the beach through small surf and then paddle at a relaxed pace. This trip is appropriate for ages 12 and up. Previous Kayak experience preferred - Try a Learn to Kayak class first.
Skills you'll learn:
- Have a fun kayak experience in a beautiful place
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and stroke techniques
- Learn the basics of managing yourself on a guided kayak tour.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Kayak Tour - Palos Verdes Information
KAYAK TOUR - PALOS VERDES
- Class Details
- Gear List
Kayak Tour - Palos Verdes Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Energy Snacks
- Personal Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Dry Bag
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Touring/Recreational Kayak