Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
Promotion void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
You must enter by January 4, 2018 at 9:00:00 a.m. PT, and otherwise meet the eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, for a chance to win the Grand Prize and Second Prize (see Sections 5 and 6 below for details).
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Recreational Equipment, Inc. (“Sponsor”); Facebook, Inc.; Instagram, Inc.; Twitter, Inc.; and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC.; TWITTER, INC.; OR FACEBOOK, INC.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion starts at 12:00:01 a.m. (PT) on January 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 (PT) on January 23, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. You must enter by January 4, 2018 at 9:00:00 a.m. PT, and otherwise meet the eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, for a chance to win the Grand Prize and Second Prize (see Sections 5 and 6 below for details). Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: To enter, complete the steps as instructed for any of the following methods of entry during the Promotion Period:
a. Facebook Method of Entry: (i) Log-in or join Facebook at www.facebook.com (joining Facebook is free); (ii) post a comment responding to REI’s post telling us why you cannot come outside and play; and (iii) use the hashtag #Sweepstakes in your comment; or
b. Instagram Method of Entry: (i) Log-in or join Instagram at instagram.com and set your account to “public” (joining Instagram is free); (ii) post a comment responding to REI’s post telling us why you cannot come outside and play; and (iii) use the hashtag #Sweepstakes in your comment; or
c. Twitter Method of Entry: (i) Log-in or join Twitter at www.twitter.com (tweets must be set to “public” and joining Twitter is free); (ii) reply to REI’s post telling us why you cannot come outside and play; and (iii) use the hashtag #Sweepstakes in your reply.
Limit: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER METHOD OF ENTRY DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD (3 ENTRIES TOTAL DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD). Any attempt to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
By submitting an entry as instructed through any of the above methods (“Submission”), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions below. Sponsor may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will receive one entry into the Promotion.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
a. Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information, and must be consistent with the instructions specified in this Section 3.
b. Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you, or, alternatively, you must have the full rights to grant the license and other rights that you grant to Sponsor in these Official Rules, including in Section 10 below.
c. Your Submission must not (in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent (photos of butts will result in disqualification); (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
If participating in this Promotion via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers, and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account on which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winners: On January 4, 2018, Sponsor or its designee will select the potential Grand Prize winner and the potential Second Prize winner (see Section 6 below for prize details) from all eligible Submissions submitted during the Promotion Period by 9:00:00 a.m. PT on January 4, 2018 based on the most interesting and best Submissions according to the theme of why you can’t come outside and play. By January 24, 2018, Sponsor or its designee will select 54 additional potential winners to receive the gift card prizes set forth in Section 6, from among all eligible Submissions submitted during the Promotion Period and received by the time each applicable prize is selected for a winner, based on the most interesting and best Submissions according to the theme of why you can’t come outside and play. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the time each applicable prize is selected for a winner.
Each potential winner will be notified by Sponsor or its designee via a comment and/or direct message from Sponsor on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and must respond to Sponsor in the time instructed by Sponsor in its comment or direct message (e.g., 24 hours or 48 hours, as specified by Sponsor). To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor or its designee may require each potential winner to sign and return, within the time designated by Sponsor (e.g., 24 to 48 hours, as specified by Sponsor), an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (including an agreement to (1) participate in a photo and video shoot at the Grand Prize winner’s home (or another designated location) in connection with the awarding of the Grand Prize (described in Section 6); (2) provide photos and videos from your Trip or Experience (defined below) and otherwise permit Sponsor or its designee to create Recordings (defined below); and (3) permit Sponsor or its designee to use your name and likeness in videos or other materials) and/or tax forms in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within the time designated by Sponsor, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release or tax forms; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Important: Sponsor may not be able to communicate via some Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram features if entrant does not “follow” or otherwise connect his or her account with Sponsor’s account. Each participant is not required to follow Sponsor and may discontinue following Sponsor on social media, but doing so may mean that Sponsor cannot provide communications for purposes of administering the Promotion, which could result in participant being disqualified from the Promotion. It is each participant's responsibility to set his or her Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check his or her Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account for any such direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such services) or its functionality that may interfere with a Promotion or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of Sponsor to locate a purported Submission.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: The following prizes will be awarded:
Grand Prize: One grand prize winner will receive one REI Adventures prize package (the “Trip” or “Grand Prize”) consisting of the following:
- One registration for the prize winner and one guest (“Companion”) to participate in REI’s Iceland Winter Adventure, a 7-day (6-night) hiking and snowshoeing Trip as described at https://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/europe/iceland-winter.html (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $7,800 ($3,900 per person);
- Roundtrip airfare for winner and winner’s Companion from a major airport near winner’s residence within the 50 United States or District of Columbia to Iceland (ARV: up to $4,000 ($2,000 each for winner and Companion)).
- Trip includes roundtrip transportation to and from the destination from the trip’s designated start and end points in Iceland, certain group camping equipment, guide services and certain meals and accommodations as described in more detail at https://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/europe/iceland-winter.html, as applicable. Also, see Prize and Travel Restrictions section below for more Trip details and restrictions.
Second Prize: One second prize winner will receive either, at winner’s choice (and subject to restrictions):
a) One 2018 REI Outessa Experience prize package (the “Experience” or “Second Prize”) consisting of the following:
- One registration for the prize winner and guest (“Companion”) to participate in the REI Outessa retreat, a 3-day event described at https://www.outessa.com/eventdetails (ARV: $1,800 ($900 per person)).
- Roundtrip airfare for winner and winner’s Companion from a major airport near winner’s residence within the 50 United States or District of Columbia to a location to be announced (ARV: up to $2,000 ($1,000 each for winner and Companion)).
- Experience includes certain group activities, guides, and certain meals and accommodations to be described in more detail at https://www.outessa.com/eventdetails. Also, see Prize and Travel Restrictions section below for more Experience details and restrictions
b) One digital gift card prize package consisting of three $1,000 REI gift cards, one $500 REI gift card, and three $100 REI gift cards (ARV $3,800).
Gift Card Prizes: 54 winners will each receive one of the following REI digital gift cards:
- One $100.00 REI gift card (24 cards are available)
- One $250.00 REI gift card (16 cards are available)
- One $500.00 REI gift card (12 cards are available)
- One $1,000.00 REI gift card (2 cards are available)
ARV of all gift card prizes (does not include optional Second Prize gift cards): $14,400
Total ARV of all prizes in the Promotion: $30,000.
Prize Restrictions: Limit: 1 prize per person. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions, transfers. or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to permit transfer of prizes (e.g., a Trip or Experience) or to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion. Dates of travel or participation in the Trip or Experience are subject to availability. Winners and Companions of Trip or Experience must complete the Trip or Experience by December 31, 2018. Additional timing and availability restrictions may apply. Each Winner and his/her Companion must travel on the same itinerary for the Trip or Experience.
Flights: Must have a valid U.S. passport if selected as winner or Companion of winner for Trip. Sponsor or its designee will select the airline and origination location used for the flight portion of the Trip or Experience. Any amendment fees or charges incurred due to any changes to the purchased flights are the responsibility of the winner. All costs not explicitly set forth in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner, and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or reimbursement for these costs, including Visa requirements, valid passports, travel insurance, insurance, spending money, all meals other than those meals noted in the daily itinerary, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, in-room charges, other ancillary costs, and any applicable insurance excesses. Air travel is subject to the airlines Condition of Carriage. Sponsor may in its discretion arrange for ground transportation instead of airfare for an Experience located within 300 miles of the winner of the Experience.
Transportation: Sponsor will provide ground transportation for winner and winner’s Companion to and from the airport during the Trip or Experience. Ground transportation, lodging accommodations, and other elements of the Trip or Experience are determined by Sponsor or its designee and must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
Lodging: At the Experience, winner and Companion will be able to camp at the event. Prize does not include resort accommodations or premium camp. Festivals are not included in prize. For the Experience, Winner and Companions must select the Do-it-Yourself Camp lodging when registration opens. For camping, sleeping bags will not be included. The Trip includes six nights at hotels or guesthouses, at Sponsor’s discretion.
Companion and Minors: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Companion (and, if Companion is under the age majority (a “Minor”), also Companion’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a liability and publicity release to be eligible to travel with winner to the Trip or the Experience. In general, to be eligible to travel on the Trip, a Companion that is a Minor must be at least 16 years old before taking the Trip and accompanied on the Trip by one of Companion’s parents or legal guardians. However, to be eligible to travel on the Experience, a Companion must be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) before taking the Experience. Companion (and Companion’s parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to release and indemnify Sponsor pursuant to Sections 7 and 8 of these Official Rules, and as otherwise set forth in a liability/publicity release.
Difficulty Level: The hiking portion of the Trip is rated at Moderate difficulty level, meaning that winner and Companion on the Trip should have previous hiking experience and be in good physical condition. Sponsor requires all of its Trip participants to be prepared physically, technically, and psychologically for the Trip, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the winner or Companion from the scheduled Trip at any time for any health or safety reasons. Participants should be capable of hiking up to 8 miles without major discomfort over variable terrain with some steep grades. It's not necessary to be an expert hiker or snowshoer to participate. Winner and Companion are also subject to standard REI Adventures qualification requirements for the Trip, so visit www.rei.com/adventures for further Trip details and requirements. Failure to accurately and fully complete and return all forms provided by Sponsor in connection with the Trip or the Experience in a timely manner may result in disqualification from the Trip or Experience.
Recordings: The Grand Prize winner and Second Prize winner and the Companion of each agree to allow Sponsor and its designees to interview, videotape, photograph and otherwise record such winners and Companions and their experiences ("Recordings") while on the applicable Trip or Experience, and, in addition to and together with the permission granted in Sections 9 and 10 below, to use the Recordings and derivative works thereof, in whole or in part, for in-store advertising, social media advertising, Web advertising, on REI Adventures trip pages, signage, direct mail and for any other promotional or advertising purpose or any instructional/educational purpose without further permission or compensation to winner or Companion. Winner and Companion acknowledge that Sponsor will own full right and title to the Recordings, including the copyright in and to such Recordings. Grand Prize winner also agrees to allow Sponsor and its designee to interview, videotape, photograph and otherwise record Grand Prize winner in connection with the awarding of the Grand Prize, including a visit by a video crew to the home of the Grand Prize winner (or another designated location), and to participate in the video shoot as requested by Sponsor. Grand Prize winner grants the rights to use such interviews, videotapes, photographs, and other recordings for the advertising, marketing, promotional, instructional or educational purposes specified in this paragraph, together with the permissions granted in Sections 9 and 10 below. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, releases, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
Other Terms: Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen prize components, tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed or unused prize (or portion of the prize package) will remain the property of Sponsor. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion. See FAQs at https://www.outessa.com/eventdetails for more information regarding the Experience and https://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/europe/iceland-winter.html for more information regarding the Trip.
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor; Facebook, Inc.; Instagram, Inc.; Twitter, Inc.; and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Release Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use your name, social media handle(s), hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, promotional, instructional, and educational purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list, a public-facing video about your Submission, and/or a public-facing video announcing that you have been selected as a winner. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, promotional, instructional, and educational purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Promotion.
10. License to Submission: By entering the Promotion and providing your Submission in connection with the Promotion, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license, (with the right to sublicense), to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name, social media handle(s), and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission and any corresponding photos, videos, or other media that are included in or with your Submission), in connection with the Promotion and for other advertising, marketing, promotional, instructional, and educational purposes, and to incorporate Submissions and Recordings (as applicable), in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, publicity releases, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
12. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after January 30, 2018 and before January 30, 2019 to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: What’s Your But? Promotion. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://www.rei.com/blog/social/whats-your-but-promotion-official-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: What’s Your But? Promotion. VT residents may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice: REI, REI ADVENTURES, and OUTESSA are trademarks of Recreational Equipment, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2017 by Recreational Equipment, Inc. All rights reserved
14. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
15. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Promotion. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
16. Sponsor: Recreational Equipment, Inc., 6750 South 228th Street, Kent, WA 98032.