Editor’s note on April 9, 2019: Our commitment to create unique experiences for women, by women is steadfast. We will not be announcing 2019 Outessa dates. We hope the expanded local and REI Adventures trips will allow us to continue to come together as women, growing and learning from each other in the outdoors for years to come. Learn more about other experiences designed for women from REI.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest (the “Contest”).
By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. Contest void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Recreational Equipment, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER, INC. OR FACEBOOK, INC.
2. Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 25, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on August 19, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). There will be three separate contests during the Contest Period with one prize awarded for each contest. Each contest will have a specified “Submission Period” and only entries received during the applicable Submission Period will be entered for an opportunity to win that contest’s prize (see table in Section 3 for more details, including Submission Period timing). All entries must be also meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. How to Enter: To enter, complete the steps as instructed for any of the following methods of entry during the applicable Submission Period:
a. Facebook Method of Entry: (i) Log into your Facebook account or join Facebook and then log in at www.facebook.com (joining Facebook is free); (ii) post a comment responding to REI’s post as instructed (see table below) ; and (iii) use the hashtag #Contest in your comment; or
b. Twitter Method of Entry: (i) Log into your Twitter account or join Twitter then log in at www.twitter.com (tweets must be set to “public” and joining Twitter is free); (ii) reply to REI’s post as instructed (see table below); and (iii) use the hashtag #Contest in your reply.
|Submission Period||Submission Period
Start Date and Time
End Date and Time
|1||7/25/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||7/29/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||Tell us what you’re doing now and where in the outdoors you’d rather be.|
|2||8/3/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||8/7/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||Tell us how you met your go-to outdoor pal.|
|3||8/13/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||8/19/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||What’s your trail name (e.g., your trail name = hiker nickname) that describes you)? If you don’t have one, make one up!|
Limit: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER SUBMISSION PERIOD PER METHOD OF ENTRY DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (6 ENTRIES TOTAL DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD; 2 EACH SUBMISSION PERIOD). Submissions are valid only for the prize designated for the Submission Period in which they are submitted (see table above for more details). Any attempt to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification. By submitting an entry as instructed through the above method (“Submission”), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions detailed below. Sponsor may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will receive one entry into the Contest.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
a. Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information, and must be consistent with the instructions specified in this Section 3.
b. Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you.
c. Your Submission must not (in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and/or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
d. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Submission does not violate any applicable law, rule or regulation; (ii) to the extent the Submission depicts any individual or features the voice or other qualities of any individual, you are the individual pictured, heard, or otherwise featured in the Submission, or, alternatively, that you have obtained written permission from each person appearing in the entry to grant the rights to Sponsor described in these Official Rules, and will make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; (iii) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers, and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address of the social media account on which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: After each Submission Period during the Contest, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”) will score each eligible Submission received during the applicable Submission Period based on the Judging Criteria (defined below). Pending completion of any required consents and verification by Sponsor, the top scoring Submission for each Submission Period will win the grand prize for that Submission Period and the next five highest scoring Submissions will be selected as second prize winners for that Submission Period as set forth in Section 6.
Important: You must post a Submission within the applicable Submission Period to be eligible for that period’s prize.
• Consistency of Submission with contest theme specified by Sponsor in its post for the applicable Submission Period; (40%);
• Creativity of Submission (40%); and
• The most apt, original, and interesting Submission (20%).
In the unlikely event of a tie, the potential winner will be determined by the Judges based on highest score in the following category: creativity of Submission. Odds of winning a prize depend on number and quality of eligible entries received.
Each potential winner will be notified via direct message, or reply/comment to the social media post within 24 hours of the end of the applicable Submission Period as specified in the table below.
|Submission Period||Submission Period
Start Date and Time
End Date and Time
|Winner Selection Date|
|1||7/25/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||7/29/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||7/30/18|
|2||8/3/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||8/7/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||8/8/18|
|3||8/13/18 at 12:00:01 pm PT||8/19/18 at 11:59:59 pm PT||8/20/18|
To claim the prize, each potential winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, within 48 hours of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and tax forms in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within 48 hours, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and/or tax forms; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to the next highest scoring participant, subject to Sponsor’s verification. Alternate winners will continue to be contacted until the prize is awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded to the winner(s) with the highest scores based on the Judging Criteria.
Important: Sponsor may not be able to communicate via some Facebook or Twitter features if entrant does not “follow” or otherwise connect his or her account with Sponsor’s account. Each participant is not required to follow Sponsor and may discontinue following Sponsor on social media, but doing so may mean that Sponsor cannot provide communications for purposes of administering the Contest, which could result in participant being disqualified from the Contest. It is each participant's responsibility to set his or her Facebook or Twitter account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check his or her Facebook or Twitter account for any such direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Twitter or Facebook (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such services) or its functionality that may interfere with a Contest or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of Sponsor to locate a purported Submission.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prizes: 18 winners will receive prizes, with one grand prize winner selected for each Submission Period and five second prize winners for each Submission Period as set forth in the descriptions below. The following prizes will be awarded:
Campout Grand Prize (Submission Period 1): One winner will receive one 2018 REI Campout Experience prize package (the “Campout Experience”) consisting of the following:
• One registration for the prize winner and one guest (“Companion”) to participate in the REI Catalina Island Campout, a 3-day (2-night) event described at https://www.rei.com/event/rei-catalina-island-campout/san-pedro/214213 (ARV: $520 ($260 per person)) OR any other REI Signature Campout of their choice at equal or lesser value must be booked and redeemed in 2018. . Campout Experience and winner must be located in the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
• One $500 digital REI gift card.
• Roundtrip airfare for winner and winner’s Companion from a major airport near winner’s residence within the 50 United States or District of Columbia to a location nearby to the Campout Experience at Sponsor’s discretion (ARV: up to $2,000 (up to $1,000 each for winner and Companion)).
• Campout Experience includes certain group activities, guides, and certain meals and accommodations to be described in more detail at https://www.rei.com/event/rei-catalina-island-campout/san-pedro/214213. Also, see Prize and Travel Restrictions section below for more Experience details and restrictions.
Retreat Grand Prize (Submission Period 2): One prize winner will receive either, at winner’s choice (and subject to restrictions):
a) One 2018 REI Outessa Retreat prize package (the “Retreat Experience”) consisting of the following:
• One registration for the prize winner and Companion to participate in the REI Outessa White Mountains Retreat, a 3-day event described at https://outessa.com/retreat/waterville-valley (ARV: $1,800 ($900 per person)), which must be booked and redeemed in 2018.
• Roundtrip airfare for winner and winner’s Companion from a major airport near winner’s residence within the 50 United States or District of Columbia to a location nearby to the Retreat Experience at Sponsor’s or its designee’s discretion (ARV: up to $2,000 (up to $1,000 each for winner and Companion)).
• Retreat Experience includes certain group activities, guides, and certain meals and accommodations described in more detail at https://www.outessa.com/eventdetails. Also, see Prize and Travel Restrictions section below for more Experience details and restrictions
b) One digital gift card prize package consisting of three $1,000 REI gift cards, one $500 REI gift card, and three $100 REI gift cards (ARV $3,800).
Trip Grand Prize (Submission Period 3): One winner will receive one REI Adventures prize package (the “Trip”) consisting of the following:
• One registration for the prize winner and one Companion to participate in REI Adventure’s Zion & Bryce Hiking & Camping, a 5-day (4-night) activity and activity Trip as described at /adventures/trips/namer/zion-bryce-hiking-rei-signature-camping.html (ARV): $4,800 ($2,400 per person); OR registration for the prize winner and one Companion to any other single REI Adventures trip offered in 2018 (subject to terms and details at www.rei.com/adventures) at equal or lesser value, must be booked and redeemed in 2018. Trip and winner must be located in the 50 United States or District of Columbia.
• Roundtrip airfare for winner and winner’s Companion from a major airport near winner’s residence within the 50 Unites States or District of Columbia to a location nearby to the applicable Trip (ARV: up to $3,000 (up to $1,500 each for winner and Companion))
• Trip includes roundtrip transportation to and from the destination from the trip’s designated start and end points, certain group camping equipment, guide services and certain meals and accommodations as described in more detail at www.rei.com/adventures/trips/namer/zion-bryce-hiking-rei-signature-camping.html, as applicable. Also, see Prize and Travel Restrictions section below for more Trip details and restrictions.
Second Prizes: For each Submission Period, five second prize winners will be selected to receive one YayLabs! SoftShell Ice Cream Ball (ARV $35 each).
Total ARV of all prizes in the Contest: $15,145.
Prize Restrictions: Limit: 1 prize per person. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions, transfers. or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to permit transfer of prizes (e.g., a Trip or Experience) or to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest. Dates of travel or participation in the Trip or Experience are subject to availability. Winners and Companions of Trip or Experience must complete the Trip or Experience by December 31, 2018. Additional timing and availability restrictions may apply. Each Winner and his/her Companion must travel on the same itinerary for the Trip or Experience.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Flights: Sponsor or its designee will select the airline and origination location and destination location used for the flight portion of the Trip or applicable Experience. Any amendment fees or charges incurred due to any changes to the purchased flights are the responsibility of the winner. All costs not explicitly set forth in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner, and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or reimbursement for these costs, including Visa requirements, valid passports, travel insurance, insurance, spending money, all meals other than those meals noted in the daily itinerary, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, in-room charges, other ancillary costs, and any applicable insurance excesses. Air travel is subject to the airlines Condition of Carriage. Sponsor may in its discretion arrange for ground transportation instead of airfare for an Experience located within 300 miles of the winner of the Experience.
Transportation: Sponsor will provide ground transportation for winner and winner’s Companion to and from the airport during the Trip or applicable Experience. Ground transportation, lodging accommodations, and other elements of the Trip or applicable Experience are determined by Sponsor or its designee and must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
Lodging: At the Retreat Experience, winner and Companion will be able to camp at the event. Prize does not include resort accommodations or premium camp. For the Retreat Experience, Winner and Companions must select the Do-it-Yourself Camp lodging when registration opens. For camping, sleeping bags will not be included. The Zion & Bryce Hiking & Camping Trip includes tent accommodations at Sponsor’s discretion; see applicable details for other destinations for information about lodging. The Campout Experience does not include tent or other accommodations and you must bring your gear. See gear list at https://www.rei.com/event/rei-catalina-island-campout/san-pedro/214213.
Companion and Minors: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Companion (and, if Companion is under the age of majority (a “Minor”), also Companion’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a liability and publicity release to be eligible to travel with winner to the Trip or the applicable Experience. To be eligible to travel on the Trip or the Campout Experience, a Companion that is a Minor must be at least 14 years old before taking the Trip and accompanied on the Trip by one of Companion’s parents or legal guardians, and meet other requirements as specified by REI, including in these Official Rules. Additional restrictions on guests and age may apply depending on the Trip; see applicable Trip webpage for details. To be eligible to travel on the Retreat Experience, a Companion that is a Minor must be at least 16 years old before attending the Retreat Experience and accompanied on the Retreat Experience by one of Companion’s parents or legal guardians, and meet other requirements as specified by REI, including in these Official Rules.. Companion (and Companion’s parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to release and indemnify Sponsor pursuant to Sections 7 and 8 of these Official Rules, and as otherwise set forth in a liability/publicity release.
Difficulty Level: The REI Catalina Island Campout is rated an Easy Active difficulty level, meaning there will be well marked trails in flat or rolling terrain with some possible steep sections; elevation changes of up to 1000 feet over distances of less than 5 miles per day; altitude is below 7000 ft. The Zion & Bryce Hiking & Camping Trip is rated at Moderate difficulty level, meaning that winner and Companion on the Trip should have previous hiking experience and be in good physical condition. Sponsor requires all of its Trip participants to be prepared physically, technically, and psychologically for the Trip, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the winner or Companion from the scheduled Trip at any time for any health or safety reasons. Participants for the Trip should be capable of hiking up to 8 miles without major discomfort over variable terrain with some steep grades. Any other REI Adventure trip selected by the Trip winner or the Campout Experience winner may vary in difficult level. Winner and Companion are also subject to standard REI Adventures qualification requirements for the Trip, so visit www.rei.com/adventures for further Trip details and requirements. Failure to accurately and fully complete and return all forms provided by Sponsor in connection with the Trip or the Experience in a timely manner may result in disqualification from the Trip or Experience.
Recordings: Each winner may be asked if they would be willing to create a video and/or photo accepting the prize and showing their excitement. This is optional. If a winner creates such a video or photo, winner grants the license set forth in Section 10 to Sponsor in connection with the video.
Other Terms: Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen prize components, tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed or unused prize (or portion of the prize package) will remain the property of Sponsor. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest. See FAQs at https://www.outessa.com/eventdetails for more information regarding the Experience and /adventures/trips/namer/zion-bryce-hiking-rei-signature-camping.html for more information regarding the standard Trip.
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, Facebook, Inc. , Twitter, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases; Waivers: By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, installation of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS BOUGHT FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
10. License to Submission: By entering the Contest and providing your Submission in connection with the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Contest and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
12. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after August 25, 2018 and before August 25, 2019 to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: Summer Contest. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: Save Summer Contest. VT residents may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice: REI is a trademark of Recreational Equipment, Inc. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2018 by Recreational Equipment, Inc. All rights reserved.
14. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
15. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
16. Sponsor: Recreational Equipment, Inc., 6750 South 228th Street, Kent, WA 98032.