Ready for Backpacking Season? This New REI Infographic Can Help

Do you know how best to load a backpack? Or how pack capacity is determined? Or, on a more random note, whether or not you should bring along your cat (!) on your next backpacking trip?

REI backpacking infographicAll of these questions and more are answered in this new backpacking infographic (part of which is shown at right) created by a few of the pack-happy souls on our marketing team. It's a fun mix of practical info, science and whimsy. Take a look, and let us know what you think. Be sure to pass it along to your backpacking friends, too.

Yes, it's only March, but the mild winter in much of the U.S. already has us daydreaming about our next backpacking trips. As usual, I'm tempted by our current selection of backpacks, one of the many product categories promising lighter weight and greater comfort.

Where are you headed for your backpacking adventures this year?

Tagged: backpacking, backpacks, infographic and rei

OutLan

Heading to the Blue Ridge in Virginia for a few days of awesome backpacking!

Backpack and Gear

<a href="http://www.backpack-and-gear.com/"><b>www.backpack-and-gear.com</b></a>

Backpack and Gear

The REI Infographic is really very nice. Now people can see for themselves what size backpack they need to get for their trip. I would love to go to the Grand Canyon this spring and hike down and up the South Kaibab Trail. I have been to the south and north sides of the Grand Canyon but never in it. It has been a growing dream of mine to hike across the canyon. I am going to be 55 this May and my wife, Dolores, will be 57 this month so just hiking down and up would be a great accomplishment for us both! www.backpack-and-gear.com

Backpack and Gear

Slimms

I am new to backpacking myself and have started a blog on backpacking from a beginners perspective. Others may find some useful information there, check it out at http://thebackpackingjournal.wordpress.com/