Scott Genius 740 27.5 Bike - 2014
Featuring 27.5 in. wheels for quick acceleration and excellent control, the high-performance Scott Genius 740 27.5 bike delivers a 3-mode, shock-absorbent platform for climbs, flats and descents.
Item # 865710
The REI Member Dividend
The REI dividend is a unique benefit of membership in the REI co-op. It's comprised of your member refund—typically 10% back on eligible purchases—and/or your REI Visa® card rebates.
Each March, active REI members and REI Visa cardholders who earned a rebate receive a refund in the form of an annual dividend notice.
Only active members receive annual dividend notices. To maintain your active status as an REI member, you need to make net merchandise or shipping purchases of at least $10 per year, unless you joined that year. Member numbers are issued in one name and only that person receives the member refund. Your number can be used by others in your family, but it cannot be transferred to someone else.
- Learn how we calculate the member dividend.
- Find out how to redeem your dividend.
- Learn when dividends expire.
Questions? Call us at 1-800-426-4840 for more about your dividend or its redemption.
- The Genius 27.5 mountain bike is quicker and lighter than 29ers, but offers the same benefits of large-diameter wheels—more speed and better traction
- Compared to 26 in. wheels, larger-diameter wheels roll over obstacles more easily so you won't stall going uphill over roots and loose soil
- Hydroformed and butted 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight and sturdy; geometry has been fine-tuned to maximize suspension performance
- Fox 32 Float 29 Evolution CTD Air suspension fork has 150mm of air-sprung travel; Fox Float CTD rear shock has a progressive damping curve and excellent sensitivity
- TwinLoc system provides remote, bar-top control of suspension travel and lockout, letting you customize performance on the fly
- 3 TwinLoc settings supply full travel front and rear, Traction mode (full travel on fork with limited rear suspension), and lockout for both front and rear
- Rear shock linkage chip lets you adjust head tube angle by 0.4° to meet your geometry preferences; oversize bearings help keep suspension stiff and responsive
- Tapered head tube and 15mm front quick-release axle stiffen up the front end for enhanced strength and handling precision
- 3x10 Shimano drivetrain features an XT Shadow rear derailleur along with Deore shifters and front derailleur for quick, efficient and precise performance
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes use a 180mm rotor up front and a 160mm rotor in back to facilitate responsive, progressive braking
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance folding tires feature lightweight Kevlar® beads and dual compound composition for solid traction and handling
- Interchangeable dropout system (IDS-SL) lets you switch between rear axle standards (142x12mm, 135x12mm and 135x10mm QR) to further tune and enhance performance
- Specs on the Scott Genius 740 27.5 bike are subject to change
Scott bikes purchased on REI.com must be shipped to REI and picked up at stores which are authorized Scott dealers. The bikes are fully assembled and the shipping is free!
We cannot ship Scott bikes to your home or other addresses.
|Bike frame material|
|Number of gears|
Scott Genius 740 27.5 Bike - 2014
Loading Ratings & Reviews...
Ask a question and have it answered by REI product experts and fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Need immediate assistance? Use Live Help.
Loading Questions & Answers...