Whether you're reading a map or searching for a trail, the built-in light sensor in the Petzl Tikka® R+ headlamp automatically adjusts beam pattern and light output, leaving your hands free.
- When you're looking at an object at very close range, such as a map or piece of equipment, the Reactive sensor adjusts the light to a very wide beam with low output
- As you make your way down the trail, the beam widens and adjusts to a medium light output in order to illuminate objects in the path
- If you raise your head to see something in the distance, such as a trail marker or rappel anchor, the beam becomes focused and the light intensity increases
- Reactive lighting keeps your hands free longer because you don't need to press a button to adjust light output; it also extends battery life by efficiently using power
- Download OS by Petzl software to modify the functionality of your R+ headlamp; you can adjust light intensity, burn time and distance according to an activity
- Create custom activity profiles or select from pre-configured profiles such as trail running, mountaineering and hiking; load these onto the R+ and you're ready to go
- OS by Petzl software is available for download from Petzl at www.petzl.com/OS
- Headlamp can also be operated in constant mode, which disables the sensor and gives you standard high, medium and low output settings
- LED shines light 2 - 65m and outputs 7 - 170 lumens on high Reactive mode, 2 - 55m and 7 - 130 lumens on medium Reactive and 2 - 40m and 7 - 70 lumens on low Reactive mode
- In constant mode, LED throws light 50m and outputs 120 lumens on high, 40m and 80 lumens on medium and 30m and 40 lumens on low
- Red LED positioned to the side of the white LED helps preserve your night vision; use the headlamp as a blinking light to increase your chance of being seen in urban environs
- Integrated 1,800 mAh lithium-ion battery recharges with the included micro USB cable via any standard USB port; battery charge indicator lets you know when charging is done
- Battery recharges in 4.5 hrs. and can be recharged up to 300 times, making the battery life equivalent to that of hundreds of alkaline batteries
- Battery provides 3.5 hrs. of use in high Reactive and constant modes and 12 hrs. in low Reactive and constant modes
- Lithium-ion battery can be replaced with a 3 AAA batteries (sold separately) and a battery pack adapter (not included) for use when you can't recharge
- Comfortable headband is easy to adjust; two-part construction at the back of the head supports the weight of the headlamp during active adventures
- Two independent switches simplify use: one switch for choosing between Reactive and constant lighting, and the other to choose between high, medium and low
- Lock function helps avoid accidentally turning the headlamp on when it's stashed in your backpack
- Petzl R+ headlamp provides IPX4 water resistance for reliability in inclement weather
Please note: Petzl products can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
Please Note: This item contains a lithium battery and cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, U.S. Territories, international destinations or Hawaii, and are only available for in-store pickup in Alaska.
People Also Viewed