The Diamondback Mason 29er hardtail mountain bike is built and designed for all-mountain versatility, delivering a solid, stable ride for those tackling aggressive lines.
- Large 29er wheels roll over obstacles easier and faster thanks to more momentum and a decreased angle of attack; plus, you get more tire contact for enhanced traction
- 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame boasts an array of formed and butted-and-formed tubes along with a tapered head tube to deliver a strong, stiff and responsive ride
- Slack 66.5° head tube angle offers stable, confidence-inspiring handling on aggressive trails; 16.77 in. long chainstays make it easier to get the front up over obstacles
- Fox 34 Talas 29 CTD Air fork has a butted 1.5 in. tapered steerer, 34mm Easton aluminum stanchions, magnesium lowers and QR15 thru axle, all with 140mm of adjustable travel
- Fork travel can be simply tuned between the 3 CTD settings (Climb, Trail, Descend); also has external rebound adjustment for easy tuning
- RaceFace Respond single-ringed crankset with MRP chain guide is paired with 10-speed, 11-36t cassette for good all-around gearing; ISCG 05 tabs make an upgrade easy
- SRAM X9 shifter guides the X9 Type 2 rear derailleur quickly and precisely through the 10 gears
- Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes deliver responsive braking thanks to a 200mm rotor up front and 180mm rotor in the back
- WTB I-23 rims spin smoothly around sealed cartridge bearing hubs and are wrapped with Kenda Nevegal 29x2.2 (front) and Slant 29x2 (rear) tires
- KindShock 125mm dropper seatpost offers remote, bar-top control of your saddle height for that "just right" position at any point during your ride
- 15mm thru axle up front and 142x12mm thru axle in the rear ensure stiff, strong performance at the critical wheel/frame interface
- Specs on the Diamondback Mason 29er hardtail mountain bike are subject to change
All bicycles sold at REI include a free warranty tune-up. New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which readjustment is important for longevity and performance. Bring your new bike in to your local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever comes first. Contact your nearest REI bike shop to schedule this important service.
People Also Viewed