- Double-butted 7005 aluminum frame efficiently transfers pedaling power to the drivetrain while offering great handling performance and easy carries; carbon fork reduces weight
- 'Cross-specific Shimano FC-CX50 crankset is paired with a 105 rear derailleur and other dependable Shimano components to ensure precise performance within the 20 speeds
- Tektro CX cantilever brakes supply powerful braking in sloppy conditions and clear mud efficiently; cartridge pads are easily replaceable
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires deliver traction in sloppy, muddy conditions
- Cables are routed across the top of the top tube for minimal interference from mud and on run-ups
- Specs on the Scott CX Comp Bike are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.