The Jones Hovercraft splitboard shatters the stereotypes of your average backcountry board. This board proves length isn't everything.
- Blower, crud or crust are no match for the Hovercraft as it floats through anything without sacrificing maneuverability in mixed conditions
- Blunt nose and directional rocker keep you partying in the pow while the stiff tail and mellow Magne-Traction lock in stability when the fresh tracks are gone
- The addition of the Hovercraft splitboard to the Jones lineup has cemented this board design to Jeremy's feet, and it will to yours as well!
- Directional rocker features more tip rocker than tail rocker and a slight camber in between the bindings
- Blunt nose offers the float benefits of a much longer board tip without the added length or swing weight
- Rockered tip adds float and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot delivers added edge hold and response
- Slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but keeps the tail catch-free when initiating turns and landing switch
- Mellow Magne-Traction improves edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board; it's like a serrated knife slicing into the snow
- Full wood core is comfortable and robust; it's a true all-terrain core and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Film topsheet replaces traditional plastic topsheet, eliminating plastic and reducing the board's weight
- Sintered base is durable, absorbs wax fast and retains the wax longer; carbon nano particles and other additives enhance glide
- This base is specially developed by Nidecker and is very resistant to impacts
- P-tex waste is drastically reduced by flip-flopping base graphic colors between boards; base colors are random, thus specific requests cannot be accommodated
- Jones Hovercraft rides with Voile Light Rail splitboard bindings, sold separately
- Voile Universal Splitboard hardware kit for Light Rail bindings and Voile Universal Splitboard hardware kit for Burton, sold separately
- This splitboard includes Karakoram-brand clips
Recommended rider weights are a general guideline. Please keep in mind that additional factors can affect which size will best suit your needs. If you have questions regarding ski and snowboard sizing, please contact us at 1-800-426-4840.
Please note: Jones products can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
This item's hot - and it's only available online.
People Also Viewed
View specs for sizes: 156 CM, 160 CM
Jones Hovercraft Splitboard - 2012/2013 Specs
|Snowboarding ||Snowboarding |
|Split ||Split |
|Directional ||Directional |
|Mixed ||Mixed |
|145 + pounds||145 + pounds|
|30.4/26/29.3 centimeters||30.4/26/29.3 centimeters|
|118 centimeters||122 centimeters|
|9.3 meters||9.3 meters|
|2 centimeters||2 centimeters|
|Poplar/beech ||Poplar/beech |
|Sandwich ||Sandwich |
|Voile interface ||Voile interface |
|Unavailable ||Unavailable |
|Men's ||Men's |
|Recommended rider weight|