The capable and style-laden Electra Cruiser 1 keeps things simple, elegant and fun for your around-town jaunts or sun-soaked casual rides.
- Frame design places pedals in front of the seatpost, which creates a low center of gravity and positions rider in an upright, balanced position
- Mounting and dismounting the bike is an uncomplicated affair, thanks to the step-through design
- Single-speed drivetrain is simplicity itself, so forget about shifting and just get on, ride and enjoy a day coasting down the boardwalk or around the park
- Rear coaster brake is both effective and intuitively simple to use—just pedal in reverse to brake
- 26 in. wheels are inherently stable through turns at slow speeds
- Platform pedals accept just about any pair of shoes or sandals; full-length chainguard keeps pant legs free of grease and entanglement
- Features a comfortable, wide saddle with elastomer springs
- Specs on the Electra Cruiser 1 bike are subject to change
Fitting an Electra bike is easy. Start by setting the saddle to its lowest position and then stand over it with both feet flat on the ground. Next, simply raise the saddle until it rests in the crotch. Tighten it in place, and that's it— you're done! All bicycles sold at REI include a free warranty tune-up. New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which readjustment is important for longevity and performance. Bring your new bike in to your local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever comes first. Contact your nearest REI bike shop to schedule this important service.
People Also Viewed