The SteriPEN Freedom Solar Bundle pairs the lightest and smallest water purifier from SteriPEN with a solar panel so you can recharge the Freedom's internal battery at your backcountry campsite.
- Bundle includes Freedom purifier, 5W solar panel, USB cable, 16 fl. oz. water bottle, AC adapter, carrying case and a user's guide
- Integrated battery is recharged by plugging the device into the included solar charger, or a computer or standard wall outlet; single charge purifies up to 20 liters of water
- Solar panel has an internal battery 2000mAh that fully charges with 16 - 20 hrs. of direct sunlight; battery can then be used to charge the SteriPEN or other small USB devices
- Purifier weighs only 2.6 oz. and measures 5.1 x 1.25 x 0.8 in.; carried with the USB cable, solar panel, AC adapter, water bottle and case, the total weight is 1 lb. 1 oz.
- Simple to use, the SteriPEN Freedom detects when the device is in water and automatically activates the UV lamp to begin purifying—no buttons to press!
- Freedom is configured to treat 0.5 liter of water in 48 sec.; a green indicator light lets you know when the treatment is complete and the water is safe to drink
- To purify 1 liter of water, simply treat the water twice
- Includes an LED flashlight that's handy when the sun goes down; activate the flashlight by holding the Freedom horizontally and rotating your wrist 180° 3 times
- Freedom requires no pumping, chemicals, test strips, extended timekeeping or filters; leaves no aftertaste, will not clog and does not require lubrication
- SteriPEN system uses UV light rays instead of chemicals to purify water for drinking
- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying 99.99% of protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidia
), bacteria and even viruses
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely; unit's light will not damage eyes or skin when used properly
- SteriPEN protects you from risks that cause botulism, cholera, dysentery and typhoid, just to name a few
- Small size fits most containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens; carries easily in a shirt pocket
- SteriPEN Freedom turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; light source can be used up to 8,000 times!
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness; FitsAll prefilter (sold separately) clears particulates and debris from water
SteriPEN water purifiers meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards for microbiological water purifiers and have been independently tested by the Oregon Health Sciences University and the universities of Arizona and Maine. For complete test results visit www.steripen.com.
Help keep harmful heavy metals out of our air and water by recycling your rechargeable batteries. For information on how you can get started recycling rechargeable batteries, visit the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation website at www.Call2Recycle.org.
Please Note: This item contains a lithium battery and cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, U.S. Territories, international destinations or Hawaii, and are only available for in-store pickup in Alaska.
People Also Viewed