- K2 recommends using the SideStash skis for 70% soft snow and 20% variable snow
- Generously proportioned 108mm waists create excellent flotation and easy handling in soft snow, and tough laminate construction adds versatility on variable surfaces
- Lightweight aspen, paulownia and maple wood core produces a natural flex, allowing the ski to achieve full contact with the snow throughout the turn
- Metal laminate construction alternates layers of fiberglass and titanium above and below the wood core to provide vibration damping and powerful responsiveness
- Elongated All-Terrain Rocker initiates turns easily and offers agility in the chutes, and normally cambered tails increase speed in powder and enhance maneuverability
- Progressive sidecut has different curve shapes along different parts of the ski—more aggressive in the tip, less aggressive in the tail
- The progressive sidecut results in confident, quick turn initiation and easy release in crud and powder
- Powder tip places the widest point of the ski further back than on other K2 skis, resulting in predictable performance in variable backcountry conditions
- Hybridtech sidewalls blend the performance characteristics of sidewalls with the forgiving flex of cap construction in the tip and tail
- Hybridtech offers responsiveness and power underfoot and maintains smooth initiation and easy exits from turns
- Includes tip and tail holes that facilitate attaching skins (sold separately) and building rescue sleds; remove plugs from skis with a flathead screwdriver
- Flat tails make it easy to set a ski anchor, and notches in tails help skin clips stay centered
- Requires bindings with wide brakes
- Base or topsheet color may vary from online photo
Please note: K2 products can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
Or ship for FREE with REI Store Pickup.
|Recommended skier weight|
K2 SideStash Skis - Men's - 2012/2013
Loading Ratings & Reviews...
Ask a question and have it answered by REI product experts and fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Need immediate assistance? Use Live Help.
Loading Questions & Answers...
* Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.