Rated5out of5byDigitalskillzfromAmazing jacket.I bought this jacket on clearance as Arc'Teryx is just too expensive retail, even if they do have the best fitting stuff out there.
This is my second shell I've ever owned. I bought my North Face Mountain Light 20 years ago with lawnmowing money when I was 16 and it was legendary for setting the bar for technical shells.
I hope this shell lasts me the next 20 years. So far so good after 6 months. Love everything about this jacket so far. I'm 6'1" 190 so I'm thin-ish and the Large fits flawlessly. The torso is trim with no bulk but room for insulation layers. The arms are just a tad long, but that could be by design for covering gloves well.(and I have somewhat long arms I guess).
This is one of the few jackets you'll find that has a stowable hood. I think it's unacceptable that jackets wouldn't have this option, even on a "SL".
Date published: 2013-11-02
Rated5out of5bypdesignincfromGreat features / not for every season• Used for spring and fall canoeing and hiking, winter camping / snowshoeing, bike commuting and some roller skiing
• Great waterproofing
• Great detailing and product design
• Very durable — has held up well amongst heavy brush, branches and going up against rough surfaces
• Keeps its shape well
• Overall product line seems to fit slim physique best
• One of the few shells that has a stow hood feature
• Hood would not accommodate a ski helmet easily, but a good size for a bike helmet and winter head gear
• Material doesn't make a lot of sound when moving — this was an important factor in my search since I wanted a material that kept "quiet" when hiking, portaging and in areas where one wants to enjoy the silence
• Not the most breathable shell
Date published: 2013-09-29
Rated5out of5byTheMobfromOutstanding piece of kit!The cost is on the extreme end, but once you start going through it, you see features not available on other jackets of it's weight. Seams, zipper coil, zipper pulls, construction and materials are way above all competitors. Not many jackets of this weight are fully water PROOF, this one is. Great for spring and summer outdoor and urban hiking, camping or rainy day casual wear.
Date published: 2013-06-06
Rated5out of5byPablo6812fromGreat JacketGreat jacket, that seems as bullet-proof as it is packable. The zippers clinch a little, as do most water tight zippers. Very light for the durability.
Date published: 2013-05-19
Ask a question and have it answered by REI product experts and fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Need immediate assistance? Use Live Help.