Share your product opinions with your fellow REI shoppers on REI.com and REI-OUTLET.com. We'd love to hear from you.
How to Write a Product Review
- Find the item you want to review and click on "Write a Review."
- If you haven't already done so, log in to your online account (or create one).
REI members: An REI online account is not automatically part of your REI membership. You must create this account separately before you can write and submit a product review.
- Rate your purchase (from one to five stars, with five stars being the best), list pros/cons and write your comments about the item.
- Preview and submit your review — it will show up within a few days, pending approval by our site review moderator.
Tips on submitting a review:
- Give your honest feedback on product quality and performance based on your personal experience. You can also leave feedback related to REI service and delivery.
- Include a rating, pros/cons and comments about the quality and performance of the item.
- Keep comments about customer service separate from product comments.
The following content is not permitted:
- Specific pricing references
- Obscene or inflammatory language
- Advertisements and "spam" content
- Personally identifiable information (for example: email addresses, URLs, phone numbers)
- HTML tags or special characters
Product Review FAQ
Q. Who can submit a product review?
A. We encourage you to submit your honest feedback on your REI purchases. Anyone who has registered for an REI online account can submit a product review. Just find the item you want to review and click “Write a Review.”
Q. Why do I need to register to submit a product review?
A. This requirement helps us to avoid getting spam or inappropriate reviews.
Q. Do all reviews get published?
A. No. We won't publish reviews that contain offensive material, have specific pricing references, use inappropriate tags, are irrelevant to the product or are not written in English.
Q. I submitted a review several days ago. Why is it not appearing on the site?
A. A moderator reads all reviews for appropriateness prior to publication. Please allow up to 5 business days for your review to be approved and published.
Q. I'm a member, but I didn't get a Member Review badge . Why not?
A. Be sure the REI online account you are using has your correct nickname and lists your member number.
What if something I paid full price for goes on sale?
For products purchased on REI.com or in REI stores, we will honor the sale price if you purchased within the last 14 days and your item is the same product number, color and size as the item on sale. If so, we will gladly refund the difference to you. This does not apply to REI-OUTLET.com purchases, which are not subject to price adjustments.
Do REI-OUTLET.com purchases apply to my member dividend?
No. Items for sale on REI-OUTLET.com do not earn member refunds on your annual REI dividend.
Lean more about REI member benefits.
Can I return REI-OUTLET.com items to an REI store?
Yes. You can return REI-OUTLET.com purchases at any REI store or by mail within 30 days of purchase.
Why can’t I write reviews on REI.com?
In order to write product reviews on REI.com, you must create an REI online account.
REI members, remember that an REI online account is not automatically part of your membership.
Where can I find REI coupons, discounts and rebates?
We've made it easy to save. Get current REI coupons,
promotional codes, rebates, volume discounts and free shipping offers all in one place.