Placing International Orders
Ordering from Outside the U.S. and Canada
We are pleased to offer our mail order and online shopping services to members and customers around the world.
Japanese Language Ordering Help
Japanese help is available in PDF.
Duties and Taxes
On international orders, the recipient is responsible for payment of applicable duties, taxes and other fees. Gift orders may be assessed duty depending on the country. Please contact your Customs office for information on duties, taxes and restricted items.
Restricted Brands and Products
Are there products that can't be shipped outside of the U.S.?
Yes. We are unable to ship the following items outside of the U.S.: bikes, boats, car-top carriers and hazardous items.
Be aware of the following restrictions:
- Bell Sports products (Bell helmets and bike gear, Giro Helmets, Easton cycling components) are now restricted to shipping to addresses in North America (US Canada, Mexico).
- Products from Chariot Carriers, Motorola and Rudy Project Eyewear can be shipped only to addresses in the U.S. and Canada.
- Products from Beal, Bibler, Black Diamond, Fritschi and La Sportiva can be shipped only to the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Products from Patagonia/Water girl can be shipped only to addresses in the U.S. and Japan.
- Products from Blundstone, Pearl Izumi, SportRack, Thule, and Ex-Officio Buzz-Off cannot be shipped to Canada.
See a list of products that can be shipped only to U.S. addresses.
- Arbor Snowboards
- BOB Strollers
- Cascade Designs
- DC Snowboards (and boots)
- Eagle Creek
- Jones Snowboards
- Little Bear
- Marker Bindings
- Petzl America
- Petzl Charlet
- Polar Electro
- Ruff Wear
- The North Face
- Victorinox/Swiss Army
How much will it cost to ship my order?
See our current shipping rates. You can also review your shipping charges as part of the online checkout process (before payment).
When will I get my order?
See our estimated shipping timelines for domestic orders placed today. The estimates are already adjusted to account for holidays and weekends.
Do you ship internationally?
Do you offer free shipping?
Currently, there are two ways to get free shipping for your REI purchase. You can have your order shipped to your local store for in-store pick up, or you can get free U.S. Standard shipping on orders of $50 or more.
What does it mean if an item is on backorder?
If an item is not currently available, but we think we'll eventually get more inventory, you have the option to put that item on backorder. If the item becomes available we will ship it to you. Of course, we will not charge your credit card until the item ships.