Family Geocaching Class
Description: Young and old alike can enjoy this modern-day game of "hide and seek" using GPS coordinates for clues. While we're finding geocaches in a local park, we'll learn how to use a GPS unit, including creating waypoints, plotting a course and transferring route information from a map to a GPS. This course will help fulfill the requirements for the Boy Scout Geocaching Merit Badge. Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn how to find a geocache
- learn the ethics of leave no trace geocaching
- learn how use a GPS receiver and map to assist in finding geocaches
Duration: 4.0 hours
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Family Geocaching Class Information
FAMILY GEOCACHING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Family Geocaching Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal GPS
- Lunch & Snacks