Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding Class
Description: Come learn what you need to know to get started in the exciting sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding! SUP offers a total body workout and is a great activity for lakes, rivers and the ocean. In this class you'll learn the proper stance for balance and control, essential paddle strokes and turning techniques, as well as how to choose the right board and paddle. Courses will be held on protected calm water, and no experience is necessary. Come with us to learn this hybrid of surfing and paddling and find out how to walk on water!
Skills you'll learn:
- To become familiar with Stand Up Paddleboarding, equipment, and proper clothing
- To learn effective paddling skills, balance, positioning, movement and falling/recovery techniques
- Introduce the rewarding aspects of SUP by highlighting the benefits, some places to paddle and the various activities that take you onto the water, with an emphasis on respect for the marine/aquatic environment
- To introduce an new way to get a total body workout.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding Class Information
INTRODUCTION TO STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Energy Snacks
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Lip Balm/Protection