AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course
Description: The AMGA Single Pitch Instructor course is a 3 day intensive training for rock climbers that have a desire to teach to novices in a single pitch setting. Participants should be passionate rock climbers with their own equipment and have been an active climber outdoors for at least 12 months. This course is a great introduction to rock climbing instruction, managing groups in a top rope climbing environment, rock rescue, and lead climbing. Students should have knowledge and experience setting up climbing anchors and climbing systems.
Skills you'll learn:
Customers will become more confident in their climbing movement. Movement technique focus: edging, smearing, laybacks, balance, weight shifting, etc. Customers will become more confident in their belaying skills.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course Information
AMGA SINGLE PITCH INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- Class Details
- Gear List
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Standard Climbing Rack - This generally includes an assortment of wired nuts, hexex, cams, etc.
- Climbing Helmet
- Climbing Shoes
- Non-Locking Carabiners - 6 or more for the SPI Course.
- Static Rope - Minimum of 100 feet for anchors and fixed lines.
- Cordelettes - 2 for SPI Course. (21 feet of 7mm cordage)
- Releasable Locking Belay Device - Such as a Petzl Grigri or Tango Synch
- Prusik Loops - 2 for SPI Course.
- Belay Device
- Climbing Harness
- Slings & Runners
- Lunch & Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Energy Snacks
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Hiking Boots
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
Gear provided by REI: