AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course
Description: The AMGA Single Pitch Instructor course is a 3 day intensive training for rock climbers that have a desire to teach to novices in a single pitch setting. Participants should be passionate rock climbers with their own equipment and have been an active climber outdoors for at least 12 months. This course is a great introduction to rock climbing instruction, managing groups in a top rope climbing environment, rock rescue, and lead climbing. Students should have knowledge and experience setting up climbing anchors and climbing systems.
Skills you'll learn:
Customers will become more confident in their climbing movement. Movement technique focus: edging, smearing, laybacks, balance, weight shifting, etc. Customers will become more confident in their belaying skills.
Duration: 3.0 days
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
More Partner Information:
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course Information
AMGA SINGLE PITCH INSTRUCTOR COURSE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|5/20/2013 - 5/22/2013 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $520.00
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Static Rope - Minimum of 100 feet for anchors and fixed lines.
- Climbing Helmet
- Belay Device
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Cordelettes - 2 for SPI Course. (21 feet of 7mm cordage)
- Prusik Loops - 2 for SPI Course.
- Climbing Shoes
- Releasable Locking Belay Device - Such as a Petzl Grigri or Tango Synch
- Standard Climbing Rack - This generally includes an assortment of wired nuts, hexex, cams, etc.
- Climbing Harness
- Slings & Runners
- Non-Locking Carabiners - 6 or more for the SPI Course.
Gear provided by REI: