Hike and Bonfire Under the Stars
Description: Come on out and join us for a great evening hike under the summer evening sky. We will start at the trailhead around dusk, where we will provide headlamps and trekking poles. From there we will take a short hike to a bonfire where we will relax, roast s'mores, and enjoy some nice company as the stars come out. A short return hike to the parking area will end this relaxing. Ages 16 and up - participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Experience a local winter trail by moonlight Relax at a casual bonfire Enjoy the company of like minded outdoor enthusiasts
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hike and Bonfire Under the Stars Information
HIKE AND BONFIRE UNDER THE STARS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Hike and Bonfire Under the Stars Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Personal Snacks
- Water Bottle
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Hiking Boots
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Warm Gloves
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Backpacking Stove
- Group First Aid Kit