Learn to Kayak Class
Description: This class will introduce students to the basics of paddling a kayak in a mild setting and at a relaxed pace. Students will learn about kayaks, paddles, gear and clothing before learning to launch and being introduced to the basic paddle strokes. This class is a great way for those considering kayaking to try it out.
Skills you'll learn:
- Experience on-the-water instruction in kayaks
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and draw stroke techniques
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Kayak Class Information
LEARN TO KAYAK CLASS
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
Learn to Kayak Class Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI: