Hiking Crystal Cove State Park with a Naturalist Guide
Description: Come join an REI Outdoor School Instructor and a Crystal Cove Alliance naturalist on our campaign to #takebackthecanyon from invasive species. During the month of April, the nonprofit partner of Crystal Cove State Park is launching a campaign to monitor and remove non-native plants and animals from beautiful Moro Canyon. Learn the story of the restoration in Lower Moro Canyon and take part in a scientific survey to see how well restoration efforts are working while viewing ocean vistas, learning about native coastal sage scrub habitat and seeing local wildlife.
Skills you'll learn:
- Meet other local hikers
- Gain basic hiking skills
- Learn natural history of the area
- Learn tips and tools to make your hiking more comfortable and enjoyable
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Hiking Crystal Cove State Park with a Naturalist Guide Information
HIKING CRYSTAL COVE STATE PARK WITH A NATURALIST GUIDE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|3/16/2014 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $65.00
Spots left: 2
|4/19/2014 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT||
Non Member: $65.00
Spots left: 8
Hiking Crystal Cove State Park with a Naturalist Guide Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Topographical Maps - Local course area maps.
- Group First Aid Kit