Singles Learn to Climb and After Party!
Description: Forget the flowers and chocolates. We've transformed "Valentine's Day" into "Valen-climbs Day" at REI Framingham! Learn the basics of the dynamic sport of rock climbing in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. In this class you'll get an overview of basic rock climbing gear and learn how to put on a climbing harness. You'll then get individualized instruction in belaying and climbing on an indoor climbing wall. We'll also discuss the differences between indoor and outdoor climbing. Finish the evening by reminiscing on your amazing climbing experience over refreshments with your new friends! All climbing gear is provided. Also included are shared appetizers and a beverage at John Harvard's Brewery. 21 years of age and up - Photo ID required.
Skills you'll learn:
- Overview of types of rock and the difference between indoor and outdoor climbing
- Overview of basic climbing equipment
- Learn how to put on a harness and climb on an indoor rock wall
- Build your confidence in your climbing skills.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Singles Learn to Climb and After Party! Information
SINGLES LEARN TO CLIMB AND AFTER PARTY!
- Class Details
- Gear List
Singles Learn to Climb and After Party! Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Water Bottle
Gear provided by REI:
- Climbing Shoes
- Climbing Harness