Valentine's Day Full Moon Snowshoe Hike
Description: Celebrate Valentine's Day under a full moon while snowshoeing and hiking with REI Outdoor School. We'll cover snowshoeing techniques, ascending and descending hills, and nighttime winter travel. REI provides snowshoes, snowshoe poles, gaiters, and a few surprise treats to make the night special! Registration is for one individual, but couples are encouraged to register for this class. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Celebrate Valentine's Day while snowshoeing and hiking
- Learn appropriate technique to ascend, descend and break trail in snow
- Learn how to use and care for snowshoeing equipment
- Learn basic skills for nighttime winter travel and hiking
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Valentine's Day Full Moon Snowshoe Hike Information
VALENTINE'S DAY FULL MOON SNOWSHOE HIKE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Valentine's Day Full Moon Snowshoe Hike Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Hat
- Water Bottle
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Gloves
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Personal Camera
Gear provided by REI:
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.