Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area
Description: Have you wanted to learn how to ski or snowboard but weren't sure how to get started? Join REI Outdoor School, Cooper Spur Ski Area, and the Professional Ski Instructors of America for this great first-time experience. This class includes a half-day on the mountain, with a 2-hour lesson to help you gain the skills you need to hit the slopes again and again! This class offers a complete package with rental equipment, on-mountain instruction, lift ticket, $10 lunch credit, and round-trip transportation from the Portland REI store.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the basics on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Discuss ways to stay warm and comfortable
- Gain an understanding of what to expect when learning to ski or snowboard
- During the on-mountain class, instructors will cover basic techniques for getting started skiing or snowboarding.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area Information
LEARN TO SKI/SNOWBOARD - COOPER SPUR SKI AREA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Hat
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Warm Gloves
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Change of clothes - A change of clothes to leave in your car and put on after the event.
- Personal Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Camera
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI:
- Alpine Ski Equipment
- Group First Aid Kit
- Snowboard and Boots
- Transportation - From REI store to and from the trailhead / class location
- Park Entry Fees