Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area
Description: Have you wanted to learn how to ski or snowboard but weren't sure how to get started? Join REI Outdoor School, Cooper Spur Ski Area, and the Professional Ski Instructors of America for this great first-time experience. This class includes a half-day on the mountain, with a 2-hour lesson to help you gain the skills you need to hit the slopes again and again! This class offers a complete package with rental equipment, on-mountain instruction, lift ticket, $10 lunch credit, and round-trip transportation from the Portland REI store.
Skills you'll learn:
- Learn the basics on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Discuss ways to stay warm and comfortable
- Gain an understanding of what to expect when learning to ski or snowboard
- During the on-mountain class, instructors will cover basic techniques for getting started skiing or snowboarding.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area Information
LEARN TO SKI/SNOWBOARD - COOPER SPUR SKI AREA
- Class Details
- Gear List
Learn to Ski/Snowboard - Cooper Spur Ski Area Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Water Bottle
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Warm Hat
- Warm Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Change of clothes - A change of clothes to leave in your car and put on after the event.
- Personal Snacks
- Personal Camera
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
Gear provided by REI:
- Transportation - From REI store to and from the trailhead / class location
- Alpine Ski Equipment
- Group First Aid Kit
- Park Entry Fees
- Snowboard and Boots