Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Monday Night Brewing
Description: Join REI for a cycling tour of the city followed by an exclusive experience at Monday Night Brewing. We'll visit city highlights like the Beltline, Freedom Parkway Trail, Piedmont Park, and Virginia Highlands by bike. Distance will vary by class, but expect at least 15 miles and no more than 35. We've picked the most interesting, beautiful, and most protected route to show off Atlanta. Following the ride we'll provide a light lunch. Then you'll take a tour of Monday Night Brewing including samples of their great brews. You'll receive a special edition souvenir glass for the tastings that you can keep. This is a no-drop ride. Participants should have previous cycling experience and be comfortable in light vehicle traffic. Bicycles and Helmets Provided. Participants must be 21 years old to participate in the tour/tasting (Photo I.D. required).
Skills you'll learn:
- See Atlanta's outdoor and historical icons by bike
- Visit one of the city's newest microbreweries
- Meet other like-minded people
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Monday Night Brewing Information
BIKE AND BREW CYCLING TOUR - MONDAY NIGHT BREWING
- Class Details
- Gear List
Date / Time
Meeting Location / Class Notes
|4/26/2014 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM EDT||
Non Member: $100.00
Spots left: 2
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Monday Night Brewing Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Closed toed shoes
- Personal ID (i.e. Drivers License) - ID indicating 21 years old +
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Water Bottle
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Personal Camera
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Cycling Gloves
- Energy Snacks
Gear provided by REI:
- Lunch & Snacks
- Bike Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.