Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing
Description: Join REI for a cycling tour of the city followed by a private brewer's tour at Red Brick Brewing. We'll visit city highlights like the Beltline, Freedom Parkway Trail, Piedmont Park, and Virginia Highlands by bike. We'll visit city highlights like the Beltline, Freedom Parkway Trail, Piedmont Park, and Virginia Highlands by bike. Distance will vary by class, but expect at least 15 miles and no more than 35. We've picked the most interesting, beautiful, and most protected route to show off Atlanta. Following the ride we'll provide a light lunch. Following the ride you'll take a special private tour of Red Brick Brewing including samples of their great beers. This is a no-drop ride. Participants should have previous cycling experience and be comfortable in light vehicle traffic. Bikes are provided. Participants must be 21 years old to participate in the tour/tasting (Photo I.D. required).
Skills you'll learn:
- See Atlanta's outdoor and historical icons by bike
- Visit one of the city's oldest microbreweries
- Meet other like-minded people
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing Information
BIKE AND BREW CYCLING TOUR - RED BRICK BREWING
- Class Details
- Gear List
Bike and Brew Cycling Tour - Red Brick Brewing Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- 2 Liters of Water - At least 2 Nalgene sized water bottles or a large Camelback style reservoir
- Closed toed shoes
- Water Bottle
- Personal ID (i.e. Drivers License) - ID indicating 21 years old +
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Padded Cycling Gloves
- Energy Snacks
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Personal Bike Helmet
- Cycling Shorts/Pants
- Personal Camera
- Cycling Gloves
- Cycling Jacket - Light jacket to help break the wind and water.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Bike Helmet
- Road Bike - Drop bar handlebar bikes with 700cc size wheels.
- Lunch & Snacks
- Bike Tools - Items necessary for making quick adjustments and repairs in the field.
- Bike pump - A portable bike pump that is attached to the bike.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Bike tire patch kit - Used to repair a flat tire when the leak is small.