St. Patty's Day Snowshoeing Tour
Description: Join the REI Outdoor School professional guides on St. Patty's Day for a scenic snowshoe tour of some of the area's best winter trails. Take advantage of the luck of the Irish on this snowshoe tour because the best looking Leprechaun wins a prize! Prior snowshoeing experience is recommended. Enjoy the cool air, quiet, and beauty of a lanscape blanketed in virgin snow. During this course guides will captivate you with information on the surrounding areas history and nature all while we take in the snowy sights of winter at a relaxed pace. Prior snowshoeing experience is recommended (Introduction to Snowshoeing Class or equivalent skills). This is not a skills class and students should be able to snowshoe for 2-3 miles. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
- Find local snowshoe trails to enoy
- Have fun on St Patty's Day with like-minded outdoor's people
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
St. Patty's Day Snowshoeing Tour Information
ST. PATTY'S DAY SNOWSHOEING TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
St. Patty's Day Snowshoeing Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Bottle
- Lunch & Snacks
- Warm Hat
- Appropriate clothing for the weather and conditions - Moisture wicking clothing that will help keep you warm and/or dry.
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Warm Gloves
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Camera
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Energy Snacks
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Gear provided by REI:
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Transportation - From REI store to and from the trailhead / class location
- Park Entry Fees