Holiday Lights Kayak Tour
Description: Join REI Outdoor School for a festive evening tour of a Bay Area holiday-lights hotspot - by kayak! After our paddle we'll serve up some hot cocoa and light refreshments, along with a dose of holiday cheer. Prizes awarded for the merriest holiday attire! Kayaks and all gear included; participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Basic instruction in stable tandem (two-person) kayaks, followed by a tour to view holiday lights on the water.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Holiday Lights Kayak Tour Information
HOLIDAY LIGHTS KAYAK TOUR
- Class Details
- Gear List
Holiday Lights Kayak Tour Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Water Bottle
- Personal Camera
- Change of clothes - A change of clothes to leave in your car and put on after the event.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Festive Attire - Enhance your experiance by dressing up for merriment!
- Energy Snacks
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
Gear provided by REI:
- Tandem Kayak - A kayak with two paddlers paddling the same boat.
- Group First Aid Kit
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Personal Snacks
- Paddle Jacket