Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Aloha SF Bay Style
Description: Don't let a lack of snow stop you from learning to snowshoe! Join us for a day on some local sand dunes and we will introduce you to the gear and techniques you'll need for your next trip up into the Sierras. We provide the gear and expert instruction, you supply a sense of adventure and your best beach-bum style (Hawaiian shirts and beach towels recommended). You'll leave with some new skills and a great story to tell. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Learn about snowshoe gear. Learn to ascend, descend and break trail in a snow-like environment.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Aloha SF Bay Style Information
DREAMING OF SNOW? LEARN TO SNOWSHOE - ALOHA SF BAY STYLE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Aloha SF Bay Style Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Gloves
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Water Bottle
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Hiking Boots
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Hawaiian shirt
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Personal Camera
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Energy Snacks
- Thermos with warm drinks
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.