Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Windy City Beach Style
Description: Don't let a lack of snow stop you from learning to snowshoe! Join us for a day on some local sand and we will introduce you to the gear and techniques you'll need for your next trip "Up North" or to your favorite Forest Preserve (when we have local snow). We provide the gear and expert instruction, you supply a sense of adventure and your best beach-bum style (Hawaiian shirts recommended). You'll leave with some new skills and a great story to tell. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
Skills you'll learn:
Learn about snowshoe gear. Learn to ascend, descend and break trail in a snow-like environment.
Required Legal Form:
This course requires the participant to read and sign a liability release form before participating. Please see "Required Legal Form" for the session you are registering for. You will need to print, sign and bring the form to your class.
Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Windy City Beach Style Information
DREAMING OF SNOW? LEARN TO SNOWSHOE - WINDY CITY BEACH STYLE
- Class Details
- Gear List
Dreaming of Snow? Learn to Snowshoe - Windy City Beach Style Gear List
Gear to bring to class:
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Hat
- Water Bottle
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Daypack - Day pack large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Synthetic / wool layers - Clothing that will stay warm when wet.
- Warm Gloves
- Hiking Boots
- Thermos with warm drinks
- Personal Camera
- Energy Snacks
- Hawaiian shirt
- Festive Attire - Enhance your experiance by dressing up for merriment!
- Lip Balm/Protection
Gear provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.